I have to confess I can be a creature of habit. For instance, I have spent New Year’s Eve the same way for the last 7 years, sharing cheese fondue, Prosecco and the odd board game with a group of friends. The evening always ends with watching the official fireworks in Zurich … and after all these years, it is always a guarantor for a fun evening.
Another typical example is curd. If my fridge reveals a package of curd on a Sunday morning, I will for sure – still all sleepy – prepare a chive-curd-spread, not even thinking about any alternative.
Inspired by the breakfast I had during my visit to Freiburg im Breisgau back in May, I became “brave” one Sunday morning and let go of chive. The result – this nice rocket curd spread.
ROCKET – CURD SPREAD
250 g curd cheese
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
30 g rocket/rucola (as you like)
1) Wash rocket, remove thick stems and coarsely chop.
2) Mix curd cheese, sour cream and lemon juice. Stir in chopped rocket salad.
3) Season with salt and pepper
4) Serve on fresh bread.
Variation: serve on a bagel with fresh rocket salad, rocket salad-curd -spread and cherry tomatoes.
RUCOLA – TOPFEN AUFSTRICH
250 g Topfen
2 EL Sauerrahm
1 EL Zitronensaft
30 g Rucola (nach Belieben)
1) Rucola waschen, dicke Stengel wegschneiden und Rucola grob hacken.
2) Topfen, Sauerrahm und Zitronensaft verrühren. Rucola untermengen.
3) Mit Salz und Pfeffer abschmecken.
4) Auf frischem Brot servieren.
Variante: Bagel mit frischen Rucola, Rucola-Topfenaufstrich und Kirschtomaten.
Hello & welcome to Strudel & Cream! I am Alexandra and this is my creative playground where you will find visual food stories from the heart of Europe! (Food) photography, the process of preparing food and exploring new (and old) places are my daily yoga - and that is what this place is about.