If someone had told me five years ago that I would do a blog post about barbecued meat, I would not have believed her. And that is for more than one reason: First there is the part about the blog post. I do not think that I even knew that such a thing existed five years ago and then there is this thing called a BBQ – I simply did not enjoy barbecuing for a long time, until three summers ago…where I discovered the gas BBQ and my believes and my tastebuds did a 180 degrees turn.
BBQing – for me – means mostly chicken. Nevertheless there are other delicacies to put on the barbecue for the carnivores around, such as this lamb. Let it slumber in the lemon marinade for at least one afternoon and then slowly barbecue it until it nicely pink in the inside.
Ingredients (for meat for 2 people)
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
Juice of 2 lemons (approx. 1/8 l)
6 Tbsp olive oil (approx. 1/16 l)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1) Combine all ingredients. Marinate meat* in that mixture for at least 4 hours.
2) Remove meat from marinade and strain them. Barbecue meat.
* Lamb/beef. In case of chicken reduce the time to marinate to 1-2 hours.
Zutaten (für Fleisch für 2 Personen)
2 EL frischer Rosmarin
1 EL frischer Thymian
Saft von zwei Zitronen (ca. 1/8l)
6 EL Olivenöl (ca 1/16 l)
2 Knoblauchzehen, gehackt
1) Alle Zutaten vermengen. Das Fleisch* darin mindestens 4 Stunden marinieren.
2) Das Fleisch aus der Marinade nehmen und abtropfen lassen. Das Fleisch grillen.
* Lamm/Rind. Hühnerbrust nicht länger als 1-2 Stunden in der Marinade lassen.